Welcome to TexasBurgerStops.com

As a native Texan, it is my duty to seek out burger places around the Lone Star State and let my fellow burger-loving friends know of my findings. That's what this site it all about.


Friday, April 11, 2008

Skinny's - Weatherford

Whenever I am passing through Weatherford and the stomach is telling me it's time to eat, I immediately seek out Skinny's over on the west side of town.

Skinny's is officially located at 504 Palo Pinto Street and they have a rather decent web site at http://skinnyshamburgers.com/.

The night I stopped and snapped the picture in the top right corner it was late and we had the family pooch with us, so we sat outside on the large deck and enjoyed a great burger.

I ordered a burger with cheese (8 oz) and Kathleen ordered a Mini Skinny (4 oz) with cheese. The burgers arrived quickly and were nice and hot. The bun was grilled, but fresh, indicated by the tear I made it in while trying to manipulate it so I could snap a decent picture.

It is refreshing to find a nice place open late (11 am - 9 pm, daily) that maintains a good menu to choose from. Skinny's isn't just about burgers, they have many other items, but it's always the burger that brings me in. Well, that and the 'Skinny Fries'.

I could dedicate an entire post just describing the 'Skinny Fries'. Imagine a basket of piping hot fries intertwined and interlaced with fresh fried onions and jalapeƱos . Toss me a packet of ranch dressing and a basket of 'Skinny Fries' and I can make a meal of them. My mouth waters just thinking about them.

Next time you are driving through Weatherford and the tummy is growling, give Skinny's a try.

As for the Texas Burger Stop's rating, here goes:
  • Patty Size and Style: Medium thick and it looks to be hand formed
  • Cooking style: grilled on a flat top
  • Char: Some char throughout, indicative of a good seasoned grill
  • Bun: Fresh and toasted
  • Vegetables: Thick sliced onions, average tomatoes and iceberg lettuce, dill pickles
  • Napkins needs: one napkin should do
  • Special attributes: The jalapeno and onion-laced fries 'Skinny's Fries' are worth the trip alone
  • Ownership: locally owned, single location from what I can tell
Skinny's Hamburgers on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love Skinny's! We often make the drive out to Weatherford from Fort Worth on a lazy weekend, just to get a couple of burgers. Don't forget the milkshakes. They are awesome.

We've only been going here a few months, but this place has rocketed up the list of favorite Metroplex burger joints. Maybe #1???