Welcome to TexasBurgerStops.com

As a native Texan, it is my duty to seek out burger places around the Lone Star State and let my fellow burger-loving friends know of my findings. That's what this site it all about.


Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Big Fry - Springtown

As I was headed back to the house from the lake house this weekend, we passed by The Big Fry in Springtown and decided to stop. It was late on Sunday night and there wasn't much else open.

When we pulled up to the drive-thru menu, I realized they had a large menu of burgers.

I am glad we stopped.

Kathy and I ordered up a #3 with bacon. It was a combo meal with a single-meat burger, fries and a drink.

We waited in line for a long, long time. It was probably 20 minutes from order to delivery. That's the only thing I could notate as being bad about the dining experience.

The burgers were fairly large with a nice fresh bun. It *looked* homemade, but it probably wasn't. It was really fresh, though. It almost looked like a potato hamburger bun, but I am not sure.

The vegetables were also fresh and plentiful. In fact, it had a nice red tomato, nice green iceberg lettuce that was cut up in large (but not too large) sections and a nice piece of onion.

The patty looked to be hand-formed and it was thin and cooked perfectly on the flat top, leaving it just still juicy without the need for several napkins.

The french fries were small, hand-cut fries with a lot of salt. They weren't crisp like they had been double-fried, so I ate them first to avoid having to eat cold, limp fries after the burger.

I can recommend this place and hope to get a chance to stop by again when I can try some of the other options on the menu.

As for the Texas Burger Stop's rating, here goes:
  • Patty Size and Style: thin, hand formed
  • Cooking style: cooked on a flat top
  • Char: some char grill
  • Bun: soft, fresh and untoasted
  • Vegetables: fresh red tomatoes, nice green iceberg lettuce
  • Napkins needs: one napkin should do
  • Special attributes: thin, fresh-cut fries, nice and salty
  • Ownership: appears to be locally owned, non chain

No comments: