Welcome to TexasBurgerStops.com

As a native Texan, it is my duty to seek out burger places around the Lone Star State and let my fellow burger-loving friends know of my findings. That's what this site it all about.


Monday, March 28, 2011

The Kwik Stop - Jacksboro

I recently visited The Kwik Stop in Jacksboro, TX when I was in town for a computer-related service call. It was about lunch time, so I stopped in The Kwik Stop for a burger. I recall seeing a comment on their outdoor sign touting their burgers and BBQ, so I had to give it a try.

When I went inside there were a few people already waiting on their food. I stepped up to a window that looked in on the grill. The cook, a young lady, asked what I wanted. I ordered the standard cheeseburger, all the way.

After about 10 minutes she came out of the kitchen and delivered my burger in a paper 'basket' like you see fries and hotdogs in occasionally. The burger was wrapped in thin paper and you could see the grease starting to opaque the paper. This was going to be a good burger, I thought. I didn't bother ordering fries or any sides, the burger looked large enough to accommodate my appetite.

As I ate my lunch, I listened in to the cook banter about with the customers ordering their lunch. This is the kind of place you come back to again, I told myself. And it was populated by locals, always a good sign.

The burger was great. It was very juicy and had me using up several napkins to keep the goodness from dripping down my arm and off my face. I paid up and went to work, thinking I would have to stop by next time I was in town. And, to think, I thought the only good burger joint in Jacksboro was Herd's.

As for the Texas Burger Stop's rating, here goes:
  • Patty Size and Style: appears to be hand formed, medium thick and cooked perfectly
  • Cooking style: grilled on a flat top
  • Char: good char across the patty
  • Bun: cooked on the grill (not toasty), fresh tasting
  • Vegetables: the veggies were fresh
  • Napkins needs: I needed several. It was juicy and 'messy'
  • Special attributes: can't wait to try the BBQ
  • Ownership: looks to be a single location, local owner

No comments: