Welcome to TexasBurgerStops.com

As a native Texan, it is my duty to seek out burger places around the Lone Star State and let my fellow burger-loving friends know of my findings. That's what this site it all about.


Sunday, April 10, 2011

Chapp's Cafe - North Richland Hills

My wife and I visited Chapp's Cafe in North Richland Hills, TX recently. I am a big fan of Chapp's Baby Burger and cajun fries, a quarter pound patty on a soft, fresh bun.

Chapp's has recently introduced fried onion and jalapeno strings as an appetizer. I ordered up a Baby Chapp's burger, loaded all the way with grilled and raw onions, mustard and mayo with American Cheese.

My wife, Kathleen, ordered up a Baby Chapp's, sans fries. We ordered up some of the fried onion and jalapeno strings and shared them. A quick note, the appetizer does not come with any dipping sauce, so you must purchase a side of ranch if you so desire something to dip them in.

The picture to the right shows what my ordered looked like when it arrived.

Chapp's appears to serve up Nolan Ryan's All Natural Beef (shown by the toothpick flag planted in the center of the bun). The burger was very good, the bun was toasted inside, but soft and fresh on the outside. The patty was cooked just right and yielded enough juice to require a couple of napkins to clean up.

Chapp's is one of the better local chains. I have been to several of their locations across the Metroplex and each of them have been consistently good.

If you get a chance, stop by, you won't be disappointed.

As for the Texas Burger Stop's rating, here goes:
  • Patty Size and Style: thin, not handmade but cooked just right
  • Cooking style: grilled on a flat top
  • Char: good char around the edge of the patty
  • Bun: cooked on the grill (not toasty), fresh tasting, might be made in house
  • Vegetables: the veggies were fresh. I enjoyed the options of grilled and raw onions
  • Napkins needs: One or two will do
  • Special attributes: cajun fries are worth the trip alone
  • Ownership: local chain
Chapps Hamburger Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: